Manual: Install optical drive in external case
Manual - Add harddisk to HDD Caddy
- O External optical drive case;
- O Optical drive;
- O Bezel (supplied with the casing);
- O Screws (included);
- O Power USB cable (included);
- O Data USB cable (included).
- The casing consists of two parts: a top and bottom.
- Slide the upper side in the opposite direction of the bottom.
- The top can now be removed from the bottom.
- The connection looks like this. In this case, it is a SATA connector. We also have a PATA/IDE version in our assortment. This looks different. The SATA connector is required for newer laptops.
- The optical drive is connected by pressing the PCB. The PCB fits one way. Make sure not to damage the PCB - for example, by pressing down too hard causing the sides to break off.
Work from left to right. The cover will not fit well otherwise.
Press the tab on the left into the hole in the HDD caddy. If it is secure, press the front down on the other side.
Is anything unclear? We have set up a manual on how to place bezel!
Place the optical drive in the bottom of the casing.
There are two tabs on the bottom of the casing with a small hole in them. Make sure that the tabs are between the PCB and the optical drive.
Put the top back on and slide the top and bottom in the opposite direction towards each other.
As the last step, refasten the screws. There are 2 or 3 depending on the type you have. Connect the cables and the casing is ready for use!